If you love DIY party decorations, then we have something in common. You might know I have some Party Decoration Tutorial Videos that explain how to make some of the custom party decorations that I create for my customers. One of the custom decorations I make are Centerpiece Sticks that are a great addition to any party. Let’s break down how to make these Easy DIY Centerpiece Sticks.
Please note, this page contains affiliate links to products I recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. For additional information, please see my privacy and disclosures page.
I love to make all parties cohesive with coordinating party decorations! But I love it even more when it’s inexpensive and easy to do. That’s exactly what these Easy DIY Centerpiece Sticks are.
Creating Easy DIY Centerpiece Sticks from Party Circles
Firstly, one of the things I offer for all of my digital parties, are “Party Circles”. These are printable circles that are approximately five inches in diameter that coordinate with your party theme.
If you’re wondering why I call them party circles, it’s because you technically don’t have to make centerpiece sticks out of them. You could print them on sticker paper to make stickers that go on favor bags or other items throughout your party. Additionally, you could print them on waterproof sticker paper and use them on your paper plates or as water bottle labels.. Check out all the products I recommend to create those items here.
But today, we’re focused on Easy DIY Centerpiece Sticks!
What You Need For Centerpiece Sticks
- Quality card stock (I recommend InkPress Media 8.5×11 paper or Epson 8.5×11 paper.
- Wooden dowels
- Glue gun and glue,
- 1/8 Ribbon
- Party Circles Like These (or some you created yourself!)
How to Make Centerpiece Sticks
- To prepare, gather all the suggested products above and heat your glue gun.
- Then, print your “party circles” out, either from my website, or ones you have designed yourself. (5 inches in diameter is a good suggested size). (Make sure you use quality paper. Find out more about what products I recommend here.)
- After that, measure how tall you want your centerpiece stick to be. You might be putting them in a vase, so it’s good to know how far you want it to stick out of the vase.
- Next, line one side of your wooden dowels with hot glue from the top of the dowel to about 3 inches down. Then stick on the front piece of your party circle.
- Now, line the opposite side of your wooden down with glue from the top again to about 3 inches down. Then center the party circle backings and place them onto the dowel.
- Lastly, tie a ribbon around the dowel just below the party circle and hot glue it to stay in place.
Watch the Tutorial on How to Make Easy DIY Centerpiece Sticks
Where to put your Centerpiece Sticks
Here’s a few examples of where you might place your centerpiece sticks througout your party.
Place your centerpiece sticks in a bouquet of flowers.
Place your centerpiece sticks in candy jars or food dishes
You could also place them in plants, or a pathway leading up to your front door.
Lastly, you could place your centerpiece sticks in welcome baskets, favor bags…and so much more!
What do you think? Is this easy enough for you to do for your next party or event? I just love how inexpensive it is as well, and yet how beautiful it can turn out to be! I would love to hear how you have incorporated Centerpiece Sticks into your own party and see pics! Include them in the comments below.
Lastly, thank you so much for taking the time to read about these Easy DIY Centerpiece Sticks! I hope this gives you some ideas about how to easily create some DIY party supplies for your next party! I love to help you celebrate life through party decorations and positivity! But above all, I’d love to connect with you. Reach out to me on Instagram and let’s chat. Get started celebrating your life! Grab your FREE gratitude journal printable or by subscribing to my podcast, The Celebration Effect Podcast! I can’t wait to connect with you more.