January is typically all about fresh starts! However, if you’ve been writing in your gratitude journal for a while, you know that every day is an opportunity for a fresh start! There is something, however, about the new year and wanting to set goals and clear clutter, both in your house and in your life. If you’ve read about How to Write in Your Gratitude Journal for Manifestation, then you know there are a ton of tips and tricks you can apply when writing in your gratitude journal. Let’s add some more tools to your gratitude journal toolbelt to start the year off right with these Gratitude Journal Prompts for January.
Please note, this page contains affiliate links to products I recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. For additional information, please see my privacy and disclosures page.
Goals and Resolutions
People often feel overwhelmed on New Years because they have to set goals. ::GASP!:: And then you’re quickly reminded about all those new years resolutions you set LAST YEAR that never happened. AMIRIGHT? I know. I was there once too. But then I realized it’s not about hitting the goals, its about the journey that you take along the way. I realize that’s cliché, but it’s true, right?
Weather or not January makes you feel overwhelmed or excited at the possibilities. January is often about starting anew, focusing on our bodies, and looking ahead to later in the year – like spring and summer. Therefore, these gratitude prompts for January will help us focus on what we’re grateful for now, instead of what’s to come. Let’s discuss some gratitude journal prompts for January to help you feel amazing!
Gratitude Journal Prompts for January
- Often times, January is about fresh starts. What are you grateful to start?
- Something you can be grateful for that you DON’T have to do this month.
- Who are you looking forward to spending time with this month?
- What’s one thing you have this month, that you didn’t have last month?
- What are three skills you have that you can be grateful for?
- What is one thing about winter that you can be grateful for?
- Write down what the perfect January looks like. Include details.
- What is one random act of kindness that you observed last month?
- January often comes with resolutions and goals. What’s one new thing you are excited to commit to?
- How can you give thanks for your body, instead of judging yourself?
Lastly, thank you so much for taking the time to read about Gratitude Journal Prompts for January! I hope this gives you some ideas about what to write in your gratitude journal in the first month of the year! I love to help you celebrate life through party decorations and positivity! But above all, I’d love to connect with you. Reach out to me on Instagram and let’s chat. You can also get started on celebrating your life with your FREE gratitude journal printable or by subscribing to my podcast, The Celebration Effect Podcast! I can’t wait to connect with you more.