Do you love to create your own party decorations? If so, we have that in common! I love creating DIY decorations for baby showers, graduation and anniversary parties, and most fun of all – first birthdays. You may have seen some of my other tutorials about creating your DIY party decorations here. However, a first birthday is one of a kind! It’s a great time to show how far you and you’re baby have come over the last year! So, to help you do that, this is How to Make a 1st birthday Picture Banner.
Please note, this page contains affiliate links to products I recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. For additional information, please see my privacy and disclosures page.
How to Make a 1st birthday Picture Banner: What You’ll Need
Firstly, make sure you have all the tools needed for the job!
- The printed out banner (either one you’ve designed yourself, or one you purchased from somewhere like my Etsy shop or Digital Parties.)
- Hole punch
- Glue gun
- Small clothespins
How to Make a 1st birthday Picture Banner
Secondly, it’s time to assemble your banner!
- Cut out your pieces
- Punch two holes at the top of both sides of the pieces
- Glue one clothespin in the center back of each piece. Make sure the clothespin doesn’t hang down so you can’t see it
- Organize the banner pieces in the right order (N-12 months, with end pieces on either side.)
- String the ribbon through each hole.
You might be tempted to hang the ribbon through the clothespins, as opposed to stringing it through the punched holes. However, I don’t recommend this! The banner will hang a bit wonky and uneven – especially without the photos.
Finishing Your First Year Photo Banner
- Make sure each piece of the banner is evenly spaced. “Aesthetics are important”, said the Type A party planner. 😉
- Pin the photo of your choice for each month on the banner.
- Hang up your banner in your desired location using tape or push pins.
Examples of 12 Month Photo Birthday Banner
Below are just a few examples of 1st birthday Picture Banners from past parties. However you can find even more ideas in my Etsy shop or working with me on a custom party. There are so many options and it’s so much fun!
You might also be interested in the following articles:
Lastly, thank you so much for taking the time to read about How to Make a 1st birthday Picture Banner. I hope this gives you some ideas about How to make the first birthday party your planning special! I love to help you celebrate life through party decorations and positivity! But above all, I’d love to connect with you. Reach out to me on Instagram and let’s chat. You can also get started on celebrating your life with your FREE gratitude journal printable or by subscribing to my podcast, The Celebration Effect Podcast! I can’t wait to connect with you more.