If you can’t get enough of crating your own decorations for your events, or you’ve enjoyed viewing some of my Party Decor Tutorial Videos, then you probably love DIY decorations as much as I do! And banners are one of my all time favorites. Putting up a themed-banner at your party will set the stage! And of course, it’s as easy as print, cut, and string! This is why I’m sure you’re excited to decorate all your parties with DIY decor. So let’s talk about How To DIY Party Banners.
Please note, this page contains affiliate links to products I recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. For additional information, please see my privacy and disclosures page.
How to DIY Party Banners: What You’ll Need
Firstly, make sure you have all the tools needed for the job! I have listed the items below, but here you can find all the products I recommend for DIYing your party decorations.
- The printed out banner (Grab a printable party banner in my digital parties section or A Touch of LA on Etsy) You can also create your own banner using my banner piece template.
- Paper to print the banner on.
- Hole punch
Find out more about how to properly print your banner here!
How to DIY Party Banners: Assembling Your Party Banner
Secondly, it’s time to assemble your banner!
- Cut out your pieces using the scissors I recommend, or any other scissors you have lying around the house.
- Punch holes at the top of each piece. (In all of my printable party banners, I have clearly marked where to punch the holes.)
- Place your banner in the correct order so it’s all spelled correctly
- String the ribbon through each hole. (Start in the front of each banner piece, and push through the hole to the back so that the string/ribbon is in the back.)
Finishing Your Party Banner
- I like to make sure each piece of the banner is evenly spaced. Perfection is pretty!
- Hang up your banner in your desired location using tape or push pins.
- Yay! You’re all set!
Want to see this tutorial on video? Watch the tutorial video below or on YouTube or on my website tutorials page.
Below are other items from Amazon to help you make your own party banners at home in different ways than I’ve presented here.
Examples of DIY Banners
Below are a few examples of DIY Party Banners. There are so many options and it’s so much fun to craft! Take a look at a few I have made for past parties that I’ve worked on.
Looking instead for how to create a Photo banner for a first birthday party, like the below? Here is how to create a 12 month photo banner specifically for your little one turning one.
Check out these related articles:
Best Paper For Birthday Party Invitations
How to Make a First Year Photo Banner
The Best Printer for Digital Party Decorations
Lastly, thank you so much for taking the time to read about How to DIY Party Banners. I hope this gives you some ideas about making pennant banners for your next event! Tell me below what you thought! I love to help you celebrate life through party decorations and beyond. Above all, I’d love to connect with you. Reach out to me on Instagram and let’s chat, or continue celebrating your life with The Celebration Effect.